A child that was run over during the Murrells Inlet Christmas Parade Sunday has been flown to the Medical University of South Carolina because of her injuries, according to the South Carolina Highway Patrol.
Lance Corporal Judd Jones said the girl was on a float in the parade when she fell off of the float. She was run over by a 2011 Chevy pickup in the 4200 block of Highway 17 Business.
Jones said she was first transported to Waccamaw Community Hospital then was flown to MUSC.
He said her injuries were "serious but not life-threatening."
The parade was delayed for about 30 minutes because of the accident.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Tropical Storm Andrea update
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC
- $250,000 lottery ticket sold at Murrells Inlet grocery store
- Obituaries, June 12, 2013
- Waccamaw, Georgetown High Schools hold graduations