A man driving in Murrells Inlet suffered a heart attack and crashed his vehicle at about 3 p.m. today.
The man, whose name has not yet been released, later died at Waccamaw Community Hospital, according to Coroner Kenny Johnson.
The initial report was one person involved was having a seizure but a followup report indicted he had stopped breathing.
When emergency crews arrived it was reported the car hit a tree and the driver was in cardiac arrest.
Johnson said the incident has been classified as a natural death and not a traffic fatality.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013