The traffic delays are over in the City of Georgetown because of the two large containers being transported from the Port of Georgetown to Kershaw County.
The movement of the containers — bound for the Haile Gold Mine — began at about 9 a.m.
Because of the size, utility lines that cross the highways are being moved so they can pass through.
The route takes it from Highway 701 to Highway 51 (Browns Ferry Road). They will travel down Highway 51 to Highway 512 where they plan to stop for the night. They will resume the trip tomorrow.
The containers are 23’ 10” tall, 23’ 10” wide and 192’ feet long. There are 4 South Carolina State Transport Police units escorting the movers and will be responsible for traffic direction and control.
There will be traffic delays on Highways 701 and 51 this afternoon.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- POLICE BLOTTER: Dog dragged as punishment