Severe weather rolled across the Plantersville area then the Waccamaw Neck Tuesday afternoon prompting a tornado warning and injuring a man who was struck by lightning.
The man, a landscaper whose name has not been released, walked out of his home in the 300 block of Field Gate Circle in the Rice Fields neighborhood Tuesday and was hit by the lightning bolt, according to Midway Fire Rescue spokesman Bob Beebe.
He said it’s believed lightning hit a tree then hit the man. Reports from the scene indicated he had been struck in the head and the bolt exited his feet.
Before emergency workers arrived, Central Dispatch reported the man was talking. Beebe confirmed he was conscious when EMS got to him.
He was transported to the hospital for treatment.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Tropical Storm Andrea update
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC
- $250,000 lottery ticket sold at Murrells Inlet grocery store
- Obituaries, June 12, 2013
- Former Lowcountry Prep teachers to form school in Georgetown