Midway Fire Chief Doug Eggiman says it is too early to tell what caused a Sunday morning fire that destroyed a Pawleys Island real estate office.
The Fire at James W. Smith Real Estate at 13336 Ocean Highway was reported between 2:30 and 2:45 a.m., according to Midway Fire spokesman Bob Beebe.
The building — two stories and an attic — has been completely destroyed.
By 8:15 a.m., most of the firefighters had cleared the scene.
Although the bulk of the fire was out earlier, it took time to extinguish hot spots, Eggiman said.
He said once the ashes have cooled, the "poking and digging" will begin to try to determine the origin of the fire.
Crews from Georgetown County, Georgetown City, Murrells Inlet-Garden City Fire, Surfside Fire and Horry County Fire assisted with the call.
Eggiman said at least 45 firefighters were on the scene.
We will update this story as we receive additional details.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- NEW INFORMATION: Woman shot inside Georgetown apartment
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Local authorities find kidnapping, robbery suspect in trash can
- Police Blotter: 10-year-old accused of sexual assault
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery