A female mail carrier was flown to Grand Strand Hospital after being involved in a traffic accident this afternoon.
According to S.C. Highway Patrol Lance Cpl. Sonny Collins, the happened at the intersection with Prior Drive.
He said the driver of a pickup truck was driving too fast and struck the postal worker’s vehicle as the carrier was attempting to make a left hand turn.
Both vehicles overturned in a ditch.
The extent of the carrier’s injuries is unknown but Collins said she was talking before being flown from the scene.
Collins said the driver of the pickup was uninjured and was charged with driving too fast.
Collins was unable to provide the names of either driver.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- POLICE BLOTTER: Dog dragged as punishment