There are new laws now in place concerning the identification that needs to be provided when voting in South Carolina.
The new voter ID law went into effect Jan. 1.
Four meetings will be held throughout the county to help residents learn more about the new law.
“We will go over the things that can be used for voting,” said Donna Mahn, the county’s election director.
All meetings begin at 5:30 p.m. The meeting schedule is as follows:
• Feb. 14 — Waccamaw Library
• Feb. 20 — Georgetown Library
• Feb. 21 — Carvers Bay Library
• Feb. 25 — Andrews Library
For more information, call (843) 545-3339 or visit www.gtcounty.org/voterreg.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013