Two people were transported to the hospital after an accident in Browns Ferry after the annual New Year's Day Parade.
A South Carolina Highway Patrol spokeswoman said it happened at abut 1:50 p.m. when an ATV four-wheeler occupied by a driver and passenger tried to pass a vehicle and struck a 1999 Oldsmobile that was making a left turn.
The driver of the ATV — 19-year-old Raymond Wilson Jr. — and the passenger — 26-year-old Chasadie Grant, both of Pawleys Island — were taken to the hospital.
Wilson was transported to Georgetown Memorial while Grant was flown by helicopter to Grand Strand Medical Center.
The extent of their injuries is unknown.
The driver of the Oldsmobile was uninjured, according to Senior Trooper Bridget Wyant.
Initial reports indicated there were about 1500 people gathered in the area making it difficult for EMS to get to the victims.
Also, a fight broke out in the crowd, according to reports from the scene causing medical workers to ask for assistance from any deputies who could respond.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Georgetown woman wins Wheel of Fortune
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- POLICE BLOTTER Sampit man high on cocaine said he flew up to the roof
- Tropical Storm Andrea update
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Aviation manufacturer investing $5.5 million in Andrews
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC