A storm that quickly moved through Georgetown County this evening has caused a power outage for about 640 Santee Electric Cooperative customers.
At about 6:30 p.m., a large tree fell on a power line in the Plantersville community.
That resulted in a blackout from Plantersville to Yauhannah.
Other power outages in the Rose Hill and Pleasant Hill areas.
Santee Electric spokeswoman Adrel Langley said crews were on the scene at about 8:30 p.m. removing the tree but how long the outage will last is unknown.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Georgetown woman wins Wheel of Fortune
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- POLICE BLOTTER Sampit man high on cocaine said he flew up to the roof
- Tropical Storm Andrea update
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Aviation manufacturer investing $5.5 million in Andrews
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC