A bicyclist from Florida riding on Highway 17 has been killed after being struck by a vehicle, Georgetown County Coroner Kenny Johnson has confirmed.
The S.C. Highway Patrol says the pedestrian was hit not far Waccamaw bridges on Highway 17 at the Georgetown city limits.
The accident happened at about 6:55 a.m., authorities said.
Johnson says the victim is 43-year-old William Carlo Dominguez of Leesburg, Florida. He died of head injuries.
A Highway Patrol spokesman says Dominguez and the driver of a Ford pickup were both northbound when they collided.
The driver of the pickup, whose name was not released, was uninjured and the cause of the crash is still being investigated.
The northbound lanes were closed while the scene was cleared.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- NEW INFORMATION: Woman shot inside Georgetown apartment
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Local authorities find kidnapping, robbery suspect in trash can
- Police Blotter: 10-year-old accused of sexual assault
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery