One person was killed in an early morning traffic accident in Georgetown County.
According to South Carolina Highway Patrol Lance Cpl. Bob Beres, the one-vehicle accident occurred at about 2:45 a.m. today in the 7200 block of Penny Royal Road.
Coroner Kenny Johnson identified the victim as 47-year-old Winston Jeffrey Ladson of Gravel Gulley Road.
Ladson was driving a 1991 BMW and was west bound. He ran off the right side of the road and struck a large tree stump.
The accident remains under investigation.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Local authorities find kidnapping, robbery suspect in trash can
- Police Blotter: 10-year-old accused of sexual assault
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days