A man already in jail charged with murder has now been served with warrants charging him with second degree burglary and arson.
Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Carrie Cuthbertson said 41-year-old Ronnie Gene Ackley, Jr. of Pawleys Island is accused of taking part in a fire that damaged the Pennington Law Firm located at 9185 Ocean Highway last month.
Matt Kelly, owner ofd Lumpy’s Bar and Grill, was arrested earlier this month for the same charges because of the Jan. 13 fire in the same building that houses the Islander Bar.
Cuthbertson said there is “supporting evidence showing [Ackley} as being an accomplice” in the fire.
Ackley and Chris Brian Campbell, 37, of Lexington remain in jail charged with the Feb. 9 beating death of Thomas Unrue Jr., 37. That incident took place in the parking lot of Lumpy’s .
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts