An investigation into alleged child abuse by the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office has resulted in the arrest of a Pawleys Island man.
According to Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Carrie Cuthbertson, Rhett Haskell Tison, 43, of 167 Midway Drive, is charged with two counts Criminal Sexual Conduct with a Minor, Third Degree, one count Criminal Sexual Conduct with a Minor, Second Degree, which includes sexual battery with a victim between the ages of 11 and 14, and one count of Lewd Act on a Minor.
Cuthbertson said investigators were notified Thursday by the Department of Social Services of a possible child abuse incident. A follow up investigation, which is ongoing, resulted in the arrest of Tison.
Investigators are asking for the public’s assistance in this ongoing investigation. Anyone with information that can aide investigators is urged to call the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office at (843) 546-5101.
Anonymous tips can also be sent by using Text-A-Tip. Just dial 274637 from any text enabled cell phone, and text the word “GCSOTIP” followed by your message. This service is for crime tips ONLY, not for the reports of crimes in progress. For crimes in progress call 911.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013