The South Carolina Highway Patrol is asking for the public’s help in trying to determine what caused an accident that claimed the life of a Lake City woman in rural Georgetown County.
The accident occurred at about 2:45 p.m. Monday about 9 miles south of Andrews near the intersection of S.C. Highway 41 and U.S. Highway 17A.
According to SCHP Lance Cpl. Sonny Collins, the 2002 Kia was being driven south on Highway 41 by a 69 year old woman when, for an unknown reason, she ran off the road and into a ditch.
The woman was not wearing a seatbelt and was killed.
A passenger, 91 year old Lucian Greene also of Lake City, was wearing a seatbelt and survived. He was transported to the hospital. The extent of his injuries is unknown.
On Friday, the Highway Patrol issued a request asking for anyone who may have seen the accident or may have any information to call 661-4700.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Georgetown woman wins Wheel of Fortune
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- POLICE BLOTTER Sampit man high on cocaine said he flew up to the roof
- Tropical Storm Andrea update
- Aviation manufacturer investing $5.5 million in Andrews
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC