Another long-term department head has announced plans to leave the City of Georgetown.
Lane Mixon, head of the city’s Water and Wastewater Utilities, submitted his resignation today and will leave the city Sept. 5, interim Administrator Carey Smith said.
Smith said Mixon began working with the city on October 4, 1995 and progressed upwards through the Water and Sewer Department. He started as a Water Utilities Engineering Technician on a temporary basis.
He was named as the head of the department in April, 2006.
Mixon has accepted a job in Williamsburg County. He is the 7th department head or assistant to leave the city this year.
“ Lane Mixon has served the City very well for 17 years and certainly leaves the City on very good terms and he will be missed,” Smith said.
Read more in Friday’s Georgetown Times.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013