An explosive devise found at a Pawleys Island recycling Center Monday morning was found to be not active after an investigation.
The devise, described by authorities on the scene at the center located on Grate Ave. as a hand grenade, was found and reported at about 9:30 a.m. Monday.
“The suspicious item was observed in a dumpster. The recycling center was closed and secured. Midway Fire and Rescue as well as the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division Bomb Disposal Unit arrived on scene,” said Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Carrie Cuthbertson. “After an investigation, the item in question was determined to be inert.”
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Tropical Storm Andrea update
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC
- $250,000 lottery ticket sold at Murrells Inlet grocery store
- Obituaries, June 12, 2013
- Waccamaw, Georgetown High Schools hold graduations