The video shows a pet dachshund, Madeline, playing with a ghost crab on the beach.
Pawleys Island residents Jason Wheeler and Emma Crompton say they were shocked to find out a video Wheeler shot on Pawleys Island in August 2011 has recently been viewed more than 700,000 times on YouTube.
The video, which shows Crompton’s pet dachshund, Madeline, playing with a ghost crab on the beach, was also featured on television shows “Good Morning America” on Monday and “The Today Show” on Thursday.
“It is always fun to see your own video on TV,” Wheeler said. “Hopefully we will get to one million views on YouTube.”
Wheeler is the video production manager for the Brandon Agency in Myrtle Beach and Crompton was just hired as a school psychologist for Georgetown County School District.
The couple say they hope the video will bring attention to Pawleys Island, as well as pet rescue and adoption.
“Madeline is a rescue dog and we hope people who view the video will consider pet adoption,” Crompton said.
“It also brings awareness to how pretty the beach is on Pawleys Island with its white sand. Hopefully it will get some vacationers to choose this area.”
To view the video, use this link:
By Clayton Stairs
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- NEW INFORMATION: Woman shot inside Georgetown apartment
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Local authorities find kidnapping, robbery suspect in trash can
- Police Blotter: 10-year-old accused of sexual assault
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery