The Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s assistance in identifying a man who is wanted in connection with an armed robbery at The Citizens Bank located at 10769 Ocean Highway 17 in Pawleys Island.
According to Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Carrie Cuthbertson, at about noon a white man entered the bank and demanded money from the employee. The suspect then exited through the front door with an undisclosed amount of cash and fled on foot in a north direction.
The suspect is described as a white male approximately 25-35 years of age wearing a blue hoodie sweatshirt and blue jeans. No one was injured during the incident and the suspect did not present a weapon.
The Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office has set up a perimeter around the scene and the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Bloodhound Tracking Team is working the area.
Anyone that can identify the suspect or has any information about the robbery is asked to call the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office at (843) 546-5101.
Anonymous tips can also be sent by using Text-A-Tip. Just dial 274637 from any text enabled cell phone, and text the word “GCSOTIP” followed by your message.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013