Police have arrested a man they say brutally attacked a 75 year old man in his Gilbert Street home earlier this month.
Andrew Brown, 51, is charged with strong armed robbery and assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature. He was arrested in Myrtle Beach this week. He also has burglary charges pending in Andrews, police say.
As previously reported, the attack occurred May 4 when the victim was found severely beaten laying in his living room. Brown is accused of stealing $21 from the victim who suffered sever swelling to both eyes, fractures to his neck vertebrae, a broken collar bone, and bleeding on his brain.
He was transported to the Medical University of South Carolina for further advance treatment for the injuries sustained during the assault/ robbery. He could be released from the hospital today.
Brown's bond was set at $60,000.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013