Andrews High used back-to-back wins against Waccamaw to capture the 2013 Senior Academic Bowl February 28 at the J.B. Beck Administration and Education Center.
Waccamaw advanced to the finals of the double-elimination tournament without a loss. Andrews lost 18-17 to Georgetown in its first match of the event. Andrews then went on to beat Carvers Bay 14-7, Georgetown 20-9, Waccamaw 20-18, then won the tournament with an 11-10 win against Waccamaw. William Gaskins of Andrews had a fantastic tournament with 43 correct answers.
Others on the All-Star Team, with the number of correct answers provided, are: Bryce DeChamplain, 20, Waccamaw; Kade Ford, 13, Waccamaw; Jonathan Shifflette, 11, Georgetown; and Jackson Stacy, 10, Waccamaw. Three students provided eight correct answers in the tournament: Austin Meares, Waccamaw; Payden Shaw, Georgetown; and Dennzon Winley, Georgetown. Congratulations!
Photo by Ray White/GCSD
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013