Mauretta Dorsey, Andrews’ new town administrator, started working for the Town of Andrews on January 7, 2013. To her knowledge, she is not related to the former Mayor, Curtis Dorsey. Her maiden name is Wilson.
Dorsey is a native of Hemingway, S.C. and resides in Kingstree, S.C. with her husband.
She was an employee of Williamsburg County Government for 12 years and was most recently employed by Waccamaw Regional Council of Governments in Georgetown.
She attended Winthrop University and is an alumna of University of South Carolina-Sumter. She is the vice chairperson of the Rural Area Leadership Institute-Williamsburg County, a component of Francis Marion University Rural Assistance Initiative and she has completed The South Carolina Economic Development Institute. She is a member of the United Methodist Church in Lake City, SC.
Her salary is in the low $40,000's, Dorsey said.
By Barbara Gengler
For The Times
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Georgetown woman wins Wheel of Fortune
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- POLICE BLOTTER Sampit man high on cocaine said he flew up to the roof
- Tropical Storm Andrea update
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Aviation manufacturer investing $5.5 million in Andrews
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC