If you have any information about the assault and robbery of a 75 year old Gilbert Street man, police would like to speak with you.
According to the Georgetown Police Department, the robbery occurred at 9:17 p.m. on May 4 at a home in the 1800 block of Gilbert Street.
The victim was found severely beaten laying in his living room. He advised police he had been assaulted by two unknown black males.
The suspects stole approximately $21 from the victim who was transported to Georgetown Memorial Hospital where his was treated for sever swelling to both eyes, fractures to his neck vertebrae, a broken collar bone, and bleeding on his brain. He was transported to the Medical University of South Carolina for further advance treatment for the injuries sustained during the assault/ robbery.
A person of interest known as “Jimmy” was the last person seen in the man’s home before the assault and robbery occurred. “Jimmy” was later identified by Law Enforcement Officials as Andrew James Brown. Brown has been named a person of interest in this incident.
Brown has several addresses within the city limits of Georgetown, Andrews and in the county. He has multiple relatives that live in various locations along the eastern seaboard including Washington DC and Ft Lauderdale, FL. Anyone with any information about this crime they are asked to contact the Department at 843-545-4300. Investigator John Greggory is the case agent.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- POLICE BLOTTER: Dog dragged as punishment