A child that was run over during the Murrells Inlet Christmas Parade Sunday has been flown to the Medical University of South Carolina because of her injuries, according to the South Carolina Highway Patrol.
Lance Corporal Judd Jones said the girl was on a float in the parade when she fell off of the float. She was run over by a 2011 Chevy pickup in the 4200 block of Highway 17 Business.
Jones said she was first transported to Waccamaw Community Hospital then was flown to MUSC.
He said her injuries were "serious but not life-threatening."
The parade was delayed for about 30 minutes because of the accident.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- POLICE BLOTTER: Dog dragged as punishment