This winter weather advisory is for the inland areas of Georgetown County. The beaches are expecting less snow.
Rain is expected to mix with wet snow during the late afternoon and early evening hours and then begin to accumulate... primarily after sunset.
Cold overnight temperatures in the mid to upper 20s will result in potentially hazardous travel conditions.
* Snow accumulations... of up to 1 inch are expected on grassy surfaces and elevated surfaces especially after dark. The higher snow accumulations are expected mainly east of a Florence... South Carolina to Burgaw North Carolina line.
* Timing... rain is expected to develop west of Interstate 95 early this afternoon and spread eastward. As the cooler air infiltrate the area. The rain is expected to mix with wet snow west of Interstate 95. As the cooler air moves eastward the mixed rain and snow will shift to the coast by the evening. Towards midnight all the precipitation will have changed to snow. The snow is expected to stop in the west by late evening and will end at the coast around or just after midnight.
* Impacts... with the warm ground temperatures most accumulations will be on grassy surfaces. As the temperatures drop by late evening some icy spots may develop on elevated surface and bridges. Conditions can deteriorate rapidly in winter weather situations. Slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination. Keep a flash light... food and water in your car in case of an emergency.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- POLICE BLOTTER: Dog dragged as punishment
- Larry Fox dies