The Georgetown YMCA Wahoo Swim team competed in the Rock Hill YMCA Championship swim meet last month, and nine swimmers will now compete for Regional titles on Saturday.
Six swimmers posted outstanding results in all of their events and finished in the top 10 for their age groups: Gracie Pifer, first, 6 and under girls; Briar Long, third, 6 and under boys; Abigail Condon, sixth, 8 and under girls; Quinn Barrier, 10th, 10 and under girls; Michael Paglio, seventh, 10 and under boys; and John Grey Crosby, fourth, 12 and under boys.
Two relay teams also claimed top prizes: first, 14 and under girls, Hannan Mackey (back), Quinn Barrier (breast), Chrissie Wall (butterfly), and Catherine Condon (free); and third, 8 and under girls, Chloe Kuenzle (back), Grey Barrier (breast), Abigail Condon (butterfly), and Gracie Pifer (free).
“We had good attitudes, bonding, prayer, good behavior and awesome performances,” said coach Mary Wall. Wow! What a great weekend. We were great in every way.”
Nine swimmers – John Grey Crosby, Jonah Crosby, Michael Paglio, Catherine Condon, Chrissie Wall, Emma Sullivan, Quinn Barrier, Cameron Kuenzle and Hannan Mackey – will compete in the YMCA Regional meet on Saturday in Rock Hill.
The Wahoos will be hosting a GSSL meet on March 23 at the YMCA on Black River Road.
For more information on joining the Wahoos or taking swim lessons contact the YMCA at 545-9622 or visit www.coastalcarolinaymca.org.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013