A Valentine’s morning traffic stop resulted in the arrest of two Pawleys Island men on drug charges.
Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Carrie Cuthbertson says Willie James Edwards, Jr., 32 of 22 Ferguson Drive and David Leland Yelton, 26 of 24 High Ridge Loop were spotted in a vehicle on Stevenson Road in Georgetown at about 1 a.m. Thursday.
The deputies followed the vehicle for a distance where the driver rolled through a stop sign and had an expired vehicle tag.
Deputies initiated a traffic stop and as a result of their investigation, Edwards was found to have in his possession 17 bags of what is believed to be heroin. After a brief struggle, Edwards was subdued by sheriff’s deputies and taken into custody, Cuthbertson said.
A subsequent search of the vehicle revealed a small baggy of what is believed to be heroin (0.5 g) in the center console which Yelton claimed as his possession.
Willie James Edwards, the passenger, is charged with Trafficking Heroin and Resisting Arrest. David Leland Yelton, the driver, was taken into custody and charged with Possession of Heroin.
Edwards and Yelton were transported to the Georgetown County Detention Center where both are awaiting a bond hearing.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Georgetown woman wins Wheel of Fortune
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- POLICE BLOTTER Sampit man high on cocaine said he flew up to the roof
- Tropical Storm Andrea update
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Aviation manufacturer investing $5.5 million in Andrews
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC