A storm that quickly moved through Georgetown County this evening has caused a power outage for about 640 Santee Electric Cooperative customers.
At about 6:30 p.m., a large tree fell on a power line in the Plantersville community.
That resulted in a blackout from Plantersville to Yauhannah.
Other power outages in the Rose Hill and Pleasant Hill areas.
Santee Electric spokeswoman Adrel Langley said crews were on the scene at about 8:30 p.m. removing the tree but how long the outage will last is unknown.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- POLICE BLOTTER: Dog dragged as punishment