A 29-year-old Pawleys Island man was arrested today for allegedly breaking into vehicles and theft.
Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Carrie Cuthbertson said Brandon Cole, of 259 Smalls Loop, was arrested after a concerned citizen called 911 regarding a suspicious individual on Thrasher Court.
The caller said the man was in dark clothing and was going through a vehicle. He then fled the scene on a bicycle.
Cuthbertson said deputies canvassed the area and saw a suspect matching the description given by witnesses.
He was detained and the officers located several cell phones, iPods, tools, and unopened cigarettes on Cole.
Deputies made a call on the cell phones and determined the owners were in close proximity to the location of Cole, Cuthbertson said. Items retrieved from Cole at his arrest were returned to the victims that could be located.
He is charged with four counts of Larceny/Breaking into Motor Vehicle and three counts of Larceny/Petit or Simple Larceny $2,000 or less. Cole is currently being held at the Georgetown County Detention Center awaiting a bond hearing.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Georgetown woman wins Wheel of Fortune
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- POLICE BLOTTER Sampit man high on cocaine said he flew up to the roof
- Tropical Storm Andrea update
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Aviation manufacturer investing $5.5 million in Andrews
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC