Leopold Scott Jr.
Leopold Eden Scott Jr., 91, of Georgetown, S.C. died Friday, January 18, 2013, at Georgetown Memorial Hospital.
Mr. Scott was born in Beaumont, Tex. on January 16, 1922, a son of the late Leopold Eden Scott and May Ruppe Scott.
He grew up in Holly Hill, Fla. and graduated from Mainland High School in Daytona Beach, Fla.
After serving in the U.S. Navy during World War II, Mr. Scott graduated from the University of Idaho.
He was a retired pharmaceutical sales representative for Merck. Mr. Scott was a communicant of St. Mary’s Our Lady of Ransom Catholic Church.
Surviving are his wife, Mary Alice Towell Scott of Georgetown; three sons, Leopold Eden Scott III (Terry) of Auburn, Ala., Charles Mark Scott (Toni) of Auburndale, Fla., and Paul Joseph Scott (Pam) of Dunwoody, Ga.; a daughter, Susan S. Church (Ron) of Georgetown; nine grandchildren, Maggie, Gale, Matthew, Miriam, Maddie and Jay Scott, Eric and Brandon Church, and Heather Flanery; and six great-grandchildren.
In addition to his parents, Mr. Scott was predeceased by two sisters.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. on Saturday morning, January 19, 2013 at the Georgetown Chapel of Mayer Funeral Home.
Sign a guestbook at: www.mayerfuneralhome.com.
Memorials are suggested to: St. Mary’s Our Lady of Ransom Catholic Church, 317 Broad St., Georgetown, SC 29440.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- POLICE BLOTTER: Dog dragged as punishment