A man already in jail charged with murder has now been served with warrants charging him with second degree burglary and arson.
Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Carrie Cuthbertson said 41-year-old Ronnie Gene Ackley, Jr. of Pawleys Island is accused of taking part in a fire that damaged the Pennington Law Firm located at 9185 Ocean Highway last month.
Matt Kelly, owner ofd Lumpy’s Bar and Grill, was arrested earlier this month for the same charges because of the Jan. 13 fire in the same building that houses the Islander Bar.
Cuthbertson said there is “supporting evidence showing [Ackley} as being an accomplice” in the fire.
Ackley and Chris Brian Campbell, 37, of Lexington remain in jail charged with the Feb. 9 beating death of Thomas Unrue Jr., 37. That incident took place in the parking lot of Lumpy’s .
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Georgetown woman wins Wheel of Fortune
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- POLICE BLOTTER Sampit man high on cocaine said he flew up to the roof
- Tropical Storm Andrea update
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Aviation manufacturer investing $5.5 million in Andrews
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC
- $250,000 lottery ticket sold at Murrells Inlet grocery store