Re: New resolutions
You say you are for change for the better. Here are some changes that will make our country better:
1. Cut every government check, benefit, and payment 5 percent immediately. Every judge salary, every military paycheck, every Social Security retirement or disability check, every student loan or grant, every Medicare and Medicaid payment, every food stamp, every retiree civil service or military check, every housing project budget; cut everything 5 cents on the dollar now.
2. Raise income taxes 5% on every one now; start with me first.
3. Eliminate all Earned Income Credit, Students to Work credit, and all other credits on income tax returns which result in welfare paid to citizens by now refunding more to citizens than the citizens paid in taxes during the year. Do not give any citizen more of a refund than the citizen paid in withholding taxes during the year.
4. Eliminate all government and all military pensions. The government — city, school, county, state, and federal workers earn more in regular wages than most private employees earn. Most private employees have to save money out of their wages if they want any savings after they retire. Most private employees do not get life time pensions. Most private employees do not get life time medical care or medical insurance.
5. Eliminate all free military retiree health care called Tricare. If a military man is paralyzed from the waist down in combat in the military, then Veterans Administration health care is available. If the military retiree is not disabled, the military person is no more deserving of any lifetime free health care than is the private employee who has paid the taxes to pay the military person's wages.
6. Normalize relations with Cuba tomorrow. Wake up. Get real. We have had normal relations with Russia and China, the biggest communist countries, for years.
7. Change the test for Social Security disability to: The person will die if he or she works; or it is physically impossible for the person to work. Re-examine every person on Social Security disability every year. Spot check every person on Social Security disability every year. If the person can go fishing, go hunting, cut their grass, have sex and have children, then the person is not disabled and the Social Security disability ends.
8. Put time limits on all food stamps, housing project use, unemployment; to six months every five years. After you use the five months, then work. The Bible says he or she who does not work shall not eat; earn your bread by the sweat of your brow.
9. Change law so that every elected official can serve one term in a lifetime in that job. Then get out, go to work in a private job, earn wages, pay the taxes that supports the government and supports every one drawing the government check or government benefit. If you say we will lose experience, I will vomit. We now have nothing but experience in our elected officials — we now are bankrupt, with half the people not working, never worked, and never going to work. For God's sake, give us some inexperienced elected officials.
10. Get out of Afghanistan tomorrow. Let the Afghans take care of themselves, and defend themselves. Bring all our troops home from Germany, Korea, Japan, England. The rest of the world cusses us with every breath, calling us imperialists, racists, Christian devils. Let the rest of the world take care of itself, or let the rest of the world go to Hell, either way it wants.
Do some or all of these things now. Alternatively, do your normal thing — go to your little fundraiser; let the little band play when you walk into the little room; go on the little Face the little Nation; take your little bow; look pretty; increase the welfare; increase the deficit; draw your paycheck; draw your lifetime pension; like a good little politician.
Note: Attorney Reuben Goude sent this letter to President Barack Obama, U.S. and South Carolina senators and representatives who serve Georgetown County in Washington and in Columbia.
Reelection of Barack Obama
The reelection of President Obama is enough to make a grown man cry. He now has four more years to wreak havoc on our country.
Fortunately, Obama did not receive a mandate although he will probably claim one. The results of the popular vote will take a while to find out, whatever they turn out to be.
It is doubtful that he will win the popular vote by much if at all. His party will maintain a narrow control of the Senate and continue to be an ineffectual partisan political party body that does not seem to know how to pass a budget.
The Republicans will again have a healthy majority in the House with which to stymie Obama's overreaching tendencies. Let us pray they have the backbone to do so.
Obama must be aware that half of America either does not like him and his policies or despises him personally. We must pray that awareness might temper the ambitions of one of the most arrogant, narcissists who has ever occupied the White House.
Once again, because of Obama's lack of Presidential leadership, our country is a divided nation. Our beloved country has been a divided nation ever since 2009 when Obama and his Attorney General launched their deliberate campaign of minority rule.
I'm sure that many readers who did not vote for Obama can provide their opinions of the dangers that face us over the next four years of his new term.
The worst bad news every citizen faces in Obama's new term is that he will be able to nominate at least two or three men and women to the Supreme Court like Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan who reflect Obama's radical socialistic points of view.
In addition, activist judges will be appointed throughout the Federal Court system. The left-wingers in the Senate will confirm them and we can expect that the Constitution will be ignored and shredded. We leave this sad legacy to our children and grandchildren.
Don't think the items in the above list are the only bad news facing us with the Democrats in control of the White House and Senate. We have Obamacare taking over our healthcare system.
The bureaucratic nightmares that the country is suffering through are FEMA, Departments of Education and Energy, EPA, FAA, etc. These bureaucracies are economic disasters, lower our standard of living, and add to our unemployment problem.
Obamacare is another story because your life and the lives of your loved ones are at the mercy of Obama's medical care “Rationing Panel.” Think about the nightmares the residents of New Orleans and the Northeast suffered through because of Washington bureaucrats from FEMA.
What can the country expect from Obama in his second term? Look at the record. Whose Party hasn't offered a budget in four years? Who divides us by gender, wealth, age, and other measures? Who said we bitterly cling to guns, God, and bigotry?
Who promised greater “flexibility” on missile defense to a rival nation, once he no longer had to face the voters? Whose actions resulted in the deaths of four American citizens in Benghazi?
Who has spent us into trillions of further debt in only four years? The list can go on, but there is a space limitation in letters-to-the editor.
There is the question of why Obama ignores our greatest ally in the Middle East, Israel. When the United States was attacked on 9/11, Muslim nations celebrated in the streets. Yet, Obama turns his back on Israel, and bows before a Saudi prince.
Obama is obsessed with taxing the “wealthy” as part of his class warfare agenda. Ask the following question, “When the rich get poorer, do the poor get richer?”
In summary, the reelection of Barack Hussein Obama as president of the United States will go down in history as a definite negative for our country.
What is especially frightening is the possibility that Vice President Biden may someday take over. Now that possibility will give the whole world bad dreams.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013