The investigation into a Pawleys Island man accused of f criminal sexual conduct with a minor continued this week with a search of his Midway Drive home.
Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Carrie Cuthbertson said investigators executed a search warrant at the home of Rhett Haskell Tison, 43, on Tuesday.
“Several electronic storage devices were retrieved for forensic examination,” Cuthbertson said. When asked, she said she could not say what types of electronics were seized.
According to incident reports, suspicions about Tison began last Thursday when a 15 year old girl arrived at her school with a cut on her face.
A worker from the Department of Social Services was at the school and was reportedly told by the teen she received the cut when her mother threw keys at her.
However, according to the report, “inappropriate” texts were found on the teen’s phone from Tison, that made investigators believe that she and Tison made up the story about how she received the injury.
Investigators have received several tips in this investigation and continue to follow up on leads. The investigation is ongoing and investigators continue to explore whether there are more victims.
Investigators are asking for the public’s assistance in this ongoing investigation. Anyone with information that can aide investigators is urged to call the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office at (843) 546-5101.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- POLICE BLOTTER: Dog dragged as punishment