A Georgetown couple was arrested Wednesday night in connection with the death of their 2 -year-old daughter.
According to the Georgetown County Detention Center records, Nicholas Clark, 22, and Sheila Hendley, 21, are both charged with murder.
The toddler, 2-year-old Lucy Rose Clark — died at her family’s home while they were living in Mooresville, N.C. on March 15, 2012.
A Mooresville police spokesman confirmed to the Georgetown Times the murder charges were in connection with the child’s death.
Clark told the Georgetown Times recently he and Hendley are not responsible for their daughter’s death.
Nichole Lee, grandmother of the deceased child, said her son, Clark, told her he was home with the children when Lucy fell off a bed.
Clark told the Georgetown Times he did not do anything to cause his child to die. He said he called for help and his daughter died at a hospital.
The couple has another daughter, 4 year old Dixie Clark who is now with a foster family in Mooresville.
Both Clark and Hendley are charged with abusing that child as well.
We will have more on this story in Wednesday’s Georgetown Times.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Local authorities find kidnapping, robbery suspect in trash can
- Police Blotter: 10-year-old accused of sexual assault
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days