Georgetown’s football family is mourning the loss of a father and grandfather.
James Geathers, whose sons and grandsons have played in the NFL, died at the age of 75 due to a long-term illness.
Geathers’ sons Robert Geathers Sr. and Jumpy Geathers previously played in the NFL while his grandsons Robert Geathers Jr. plays for the Cincinnati Bengals and grandson Clifton Geathers plays for the Indianapolis Colts.
His funeral will tke place at 1 p.m. Monday at Mount Siani Baptist Church on Highway 51 in the Choppee area.
Survivors include his widow Martha Lee Geathers, and other sons Jerry Geathers, Bryant Geathers of Georgetown, Ervin Geathers of Virginia, and Carl Geathers and Thurman Geathers of Atlanta, Ga.
Read more in Wednesday’s Georgetown Times.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013