The Georgetown County Fire Department will hold an open house this Wednesday.
It will be a chance to meet firefighters and EMS personnel while learning fire safety.
Hot dogs and drinks will be served.
The open house will take place from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at the fire station at 303 Georgetown Highway near the Nine Mile Curve.
It has been a busy year for county firefighters. In the first nine months of this year they have responded to 4,860 calls.
Of those, 3,857 were medical calls, 218 were fire calls, 34 were hazardous condition calls, 439 were service calls, 23 were weather related and 123 were false calls.
Georgetown City Fire
The Georgetown City Fire Department will host their open house Thursday from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. at its main headquarters at 1405 Price Street.
There will be games for the children, fire extinguisher training for the adults, apparatus displays, and many others activities.
There will also be hosting a car seat check point and food and drinks will be available.
The public is invited and admission is free.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013