The South Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating an accident involving a school bus.
The accident occurred around 7:50 a.m. at the corner of Highmarket Street and Merriman Road and involved a total of three vehicles.
City Police Capt. Nelson Brown initially said the driver of the bus and two of the four students aboard were taken to the hospital with injuries that did not appear to be major.
However, the two other students were later taken to the hospital as well for non-life-threatening injuries.
Four students and the driver of a school bus have been taken to a hospital after a car crash in Georgetown.
The bus was stopped when it was hit by an SUV that had been hit by another vehicle, authorities said.
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Child drowns in Andrews
- Response to Scoville
- POLICE BLOTTER: Suspicious man in Maryville
- Woman escapes severe injury after grill explosion
- Response to Swatzel ad
- Police Blotter: Inmate attacked at GCDC
- $250,000 lottery ticket sold at Murrells Inlet grocery store
- Obituaries, June 12, 2013
- NEW INFORMATION: Mail carrier tried to save 3-year-old drowning victim
- Former Lowcountry Prep teachers to form school in Georgetown