Mauretta Dorsey, Andrews’ new town administrator, started working for the Town of Andrews on January 7, 2013. To her knowledge, she is not related to the former Mayor, Curtis Dorsey. Her maiden name is Wilson.
Dorsey is a native of Hemingway, S.C. and resides in Kingstree, S.C. with her husband.
She was an employee of Williamsburg County Government for 12 years and was most recently employed by Waccamaw Regional Council of Governments in Georgetown.
She attended Winthrop University and is an alumna of University of South Carolina-Sumter. She is the vice chairperson of the Rural Area Leadership Institute-Williamsburg County, a component of Francis Marion University Rural Assistance Initiative and she has completed The South Carolina Economic Development Institute. She is a member of the United Methodist Church in Lake City, SC.
Her salary is in the low $40,000's, Dorsey said.
By Barbara Gengler
For The Times
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Pizza Hut to return to Georgetown
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013
- POLICE BLOTTER: One dead, one sick horse
- SLED: Former Midway Fire spokesman admits $36,000 thefts