Central Dispatch received a call at about 3:30 a.m. Sunday from a woman who was screaming, saying she had been assaulted.
The woman then hung up. It was determined she called from the 500 block of Britton Ave.
When deputies arrived they saw the glass was broken out of the front door of the home.
“Glass was all over the floor and couch,” the report states.
The house was searched but there was no one inside so the deputies walked around the outside of the house and no one was found there either.
A neighbor told deputies what type of car the resident drives. All on-duty officers were asked to be on the lookout for the car but it was not found.
A tattoo gun and accessories were found inside the house.
“It appeared the residents had been running a tattoo shop,” the report states.
The person who made the call was not located.
Theft by employees
On Jan. 6, a manager of the Pawleys Island Waffle House reported $98 had been taken from a cash register by an employee.
The manager said she did not see the theft take place but narrowed it down to three workers who had access to the register.
The deputy spoke with all three and they denied taking the money.
Another worker was also questioned but he also denied the theft.
On Jan. 7, a manager from the Pawleys Island McDonald's said he believes a male worker has taken more the $5,700 from the store’s safe.
He said $2,051 was taken Dec. 17, $2,347 was taken the following day and $1,368 was taken Dec. 21.
He said he has video of the incidents.
The cases are still being investigated.
A female guard at the Georgetown County Detention Center said she was assaulted by an 18-year-old male inmate Jan. 7.
She said when she opened the man’s cell door to serve him supper, he struck her on the right side of her face with a closed fist.
She had no signs of physical injury but was very upset about the incident.
The inmate was expected to be additionally charged with simple assault.
Burglaries and break-ins
• 800 block of West Virginia Road, Jan. 3. Taken: A 53-inch TV, $1,100 in cash.
• Oxford Lane in Georgetown, Jan. 3.Taken: 55-inch TV.
• FW Anderson Drive, Jan. 4. Taken: A swing and a Weedeater.
• 100 block of Cove Lane, Georgetown, Jan. 3. Taken: A wallet containing $300, a vacuum cleaner, a pocket watch and pain pills.
Information is subject to change as the investigation proceeds. Individuals arrested and/or charged have not been convicted.
— Compiled by
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery
- Three robberies, same MO, in three days
- POLICE BLOTTER: Civil War bomb found
- Obituaries, May 15, 2013