A 21-year-old inmate at the Georgetown County Detention Center says he thinks he was sexually assaulted while he was sleeping Oct. 17.
The man said when he woke up his neck was sore and he had irritation when using the bathroom.
The man said he saw someone next to his bed but he thought he was dreaming. He said he thinks someone choked him until he was unconscious and then sexually assaulted him.
He said because there are times inmates can visit each other’s cells, he does not know who may be responsible.
The investigation continues.
BB gun used in robbery attempt
New information has been released about the armed robbery that took place at the Kangaroo Convenience Store on Highway 17 Bypass in Murrells Inlet at about 7:45 p.m. Sunday.
According to the incident report, the suspect walked in the store and pointed a BB gun at the clerk and demanded money.
The clerk said the robber was a white man with a thin goatee who appeared to be in his early to mid 20s. He said the man was wearing a black hooded sweat shirt and had the hood over his head.
The suspect told the clerk to “come off the money” to which the clerk replied “are you kidding me?”
The man then took the BB gun from his sweat shirt and demanded the money once again.
“Are you robbing me with a BB gun?” the clerk reportedly asked. He then told the man to leave the store.
The suspect then tried reaching over the counter while hitting the clerk on the chest with the BB gun.
Once he realized he was not going to get any money, the suspect ran out the store.
A search of the area was conducted using bloodhounds but the suspect has not been located.
Anyone with information about his identity or whereabouts should call the Sheriff’s Office at 546-5102.
A man from Saints Delight Road said his female roommate had been “throwing a fit” all day Oct. 19. He said he received a text from her which stated “no c-pap. no sleep. no more.”
He later saw the woman had allegedly cut a hole in the hose of his C-PAP machine.
The woman told a deputy she did it because she was mad. She also said she would move out if no charges were filed.
The man agreed not to prosecute, so the woman did leave.
Burglaries, break-ins and thefts
• 7000 block of Walker Road, Oct. 18. Taken: Pictures and artwork from the walls. Suspect is a woman who used to live at that location.
• 400 block of Norris Drive in Pawleys Island. Burglary occurred sometime between Sept. 30 and Oct. 19. Taken: Four flat screen TVs.
• 5000 block of South First Street in Murrells Inlet, Oct. 18. Taken: A handgun. Victim believes it may have been taken by his daughter because she has problems with drugs and alcohol and has stolen from them in the past.
• 1400 block of Turntable Road in Murrells Inlet. Oct. 9-11. A pair of gold earrings.
• 100 block of Seaview Loop in Pawleys Island , between Sept. 20 and Oct. 20. Taken: Three TVs.
• Lumpy’s Bar on Ocean Highway in Pawleys Island. Taken: About $120 from a tip jar. The suspect is a 49-year-old man who reportedly walked out with the money.
• 200 block of Veronica Drive, Georgetown, between Oct. 17-20. Taken: Laptop computer, three antique knives, $350 in cash. The burglary occurred while the homeowner was in jail.
Information is subject to change as the investigation proceeds. Individuals arrested and/or charged have not been convicted— Compiled by Scott Harper
Notice about comments:
- Most Viewed
- NEW INFORMATION: Woman shot inside Georgetown apartment
- Sampit shooting leads to attempted murder charges
- Local authorities find kidnapping, robbery suspect in trash can
- Police Blotter: 10-year-old accused of sexual assault
- Andrews football coach resigns
- Robbery at PI Bakery (Updated)
- Police Blotter: Teacher attacked by 7 year old
- Hilliard: Police have no evidence in The Krazy Fish case
- Georgetown police name robbery suspect
- POLICE BLOTTER: Disturbing discovery